Koam Engineering Systems, Inc. (KES Inc.) is an employee owned small business specializing in technology innovation and systems integration by combining innovative products and reliable engineering services. Headquartered in San Diego, California and with offices in Gig Harbor, WA and Woburn, MA, KES provides services globally in systems engineering & technical assistance, requirements analysis, software design & development, systems integration & testing, independent verification & validation, and operational & logistic support.
The Aegis Ashore C4I Task Manager / Systems Engineer shall provide C4I leadership and systems engineering technical skillsets in support to the Missile Defense Agency, Aegis Ashore (MDA AB AA), Integrated Design team, Ship Change Document (SCD) and PMW160 SE. The role of the TM/SE position is focused on overseeing all four teams and leading key systems engineering processes within both the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) and PEO C4I that are necessary to achieve delivery of critical C4I capability.
- The Contractor shall support interoperability planning, assessment test, and analysis efforts in support of current and future ABMD/AA baseline development activities.
- In addition, this task includes performing those SE activities necessary to execute timely responses to resolve emergent and/or non-emergent C4I fleet issues that are determined to have an adverse impact on ABMD/AA Mission readiness on affected ABMD/AA In-Service baselines.
- Monitor Navy C4I System (Program of Record) development milestones and assess alignment to ABMD and AEGIS Baseline development efforts.
- Monitor C4I development initiatives for emerging communications technology and applicability to AEGIS Combat System Baseline C4I requirements.
- Examine the impact to the reliability and functionality of the communications systems that comprise the C4I component of the ABMD/AA System and ship-shore interface.
- Identify, assess and document risks.
- Support modernization planning activities for AA and be proficient in the use of SPIDER.
- Provide design engineering support for ABMD/AA topside, satellite communications (SATCOM) terminal/modem, crypto, and baseband systems engineering, program management, integration, installation, and testing.
- Coordinate efforts to support planning, procuring, fabricating, integrating, installing and checking out the systems for the ABMD/AA platforms.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree and fifteen (8) years of managerial experience with five (4) years of this experience in direct program management support to an acquisition or integration program office (PEO/PMW).
- High caliber oral, written and briefing skills.
- Senior level Systems Engineering skill sets which include the understanding of AA, AB, Ship drawings and well verses in C4I systems such as (ISNS, CANES, ADNS, GCSS-M, etc.).
- Strong experiences with processes such as CMMI Level V or Lean Six Sigma.
Bachelor’s Degree or fifteen (10) years of managerial experience with five (5) years of this experience in direct program management support to an acquisition or integration program office (PEO/PMW).
Since 1995, KES continues to foster the entrepreneurial spirit of a growing small business that focuses on the needs of its customers and employees and serves to provide a rewarding and challenging career. KES offers a competitive salary and full range of benefits. KES, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
7807 Convoy Ct. Unit 200
San Diego, CA 92111
858-292-0922 Ext. 202