Koam Engineering Systems, Inc. (KES Inc.) is an employee owned small business specializing in technology innovation and systems integration by combining innovative products and reliable engineering services. Headquartered in San Diego, California and Gig Harbor, Washington KES provides services globally in systems engineering & technical assistance, requirements analysis, software design & development, systems integration & testing, independent verification & validation, and operational & logistic support.
KES, Inc. is seeking a Billing Analyst who under general supervision, will be responsible for preparing invoices in an accounting department. This person is responsible for various invoicing for the U.S. Government specializing in Cost reimbursable invoices. Serve as a liaison between Program Managers, Project Control and Contracts. Assist with completion of final invoices, rate adjustments and contract close outs.
- Prepares Cost reimbursable, T&Ms and FFP Progress Payment invoices.
- Ensures invoices submitted via iRAPT are in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, contract requirements and company policy.
- Prepares rate adjustment invoices as required.
- Prepare and support government final invoices and quick close-out invoices.
- Performs government accounting duties such as auditing costs for compliance with government regulations including the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Assures company compliance with Financial Accounting Standards, Cost Accounting Standards, Federal Acquisition Regulations, and disclosed Company practices.
BA/BS Degree in Accounting, or related degree with accounting concentration plus continuing education in Government accounting.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in accounting, G/L and cost accounting, with minimum of 3 years of direct government accounting experience.
- Strong knowledge of accounting/manufacturing software systems Deltek preferred and Advanced Excel a must.
- Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) required
- Self-starter, highly-motivated, collaborative and results-driven.
- Excellent organization, communication (written and oral), time management, and presentation skills.
Since 1995, KES continues to foster the entrepreneurial spirit of a growing small business that focuses on the needs of its customers and employees and serves to provide a rewarding and challenging career. KES offers a competitive salary and full range of benefits. KES, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
7807 Convoy Ct. Unit 200
San Diego, CA 92111
858-292-0922 Ext. 202