Koam Engineering Systems, Inc. (KES Inc.) is an employee owned small business specializing in technology innovation and systems integration by combining innovative products and reliable engineering services. Headquartered in San Diego, California and with offices in Gig Harbor, WA and Woburn, MA, KES provides services globally in systems engineering & technical assistance, requirements analysis, software design & development, systems integration & testing, independent verification & validation, and operational & logistic support.
Senior Systems Engineer will be supporting the SSC-PAC Network Integration and Engineering Facility (NIEF) as part of KES’s engineering services contract. Candidates will be required to multi-task across multiple active tasks simultaneously with primary focus on direct support to the NIEF’s program task leads. The ability to establish a credible relationship with customers and sponsors is essential as this position requires daily customer interaction.
Providing project engineering support for engineering team at customer location. Efforts will be focused toward COTS integration for military communications systems. Will lead design team to perform, prepare, review, analyze, and modify system designs, technical documents and data packages for COTS based military equipment to ensure customer requirements are satisfied. Perform trade studies and participate in equipment selection. Must generate and review system hardware documentation. Will participate in integrated product teams and engineering/design reviews. Limited travel may be required.
- Candidate should have strong leadership, project engineering, and design skills.
- Familiarity with PC/workstation HW, servers, routers, switches, hubs, ATM, VMEC, power supplies, and encryption devices desired.
- Experience with commercial and militarized documentation and configuration management.
- Proficiency using Solidworks 3D Modeling and Autocad software.
- Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project essential.
- Exceptional presentation, oral and written communications skills required.
- Candidate must have excellent eye for detail to review and produce Technical Data Packages.
- Experience with ASME Y14.1 Drawing Practices is highly desired.
- Candidate must have the ability to operate effectively in a team environment. They should be willing to mentor and motivate junior staff. Also able to take direction and constructive criticism.
- Familiarity with MIL-STD Environmental testing (901D, 167, 810…).
- Must have demonstrated experience involving project planning, scheduling, and execution and related experience in system integration, detailed system analysis, and risk and trade-off analysis.
- Strong technical, managerial, interpersonal, written and verbal skills are a must.
- Candidate must have the ability to operate effectively in a team environment as well as independently and provide direct interface with customers.
- Candidate must have strong task delegation, multitasking, and time management skills.
Typically requires Bachelor's degree in Technology related field, preferably Mechanical Engineering and ten years cumulative experience in the design, integration, and installation of shipboard/shore military systems.
Desired recent and relevant system engineering experience related to one or more of the following SSC-PAC PMW-160 programs: ADNS, ISNS, SubLAN, CANES, or SCI. IRD/ICD Experience a plus.
Desire experience with candidates that have worked with Rugged EIA Standard Cabinet/Racks. Prefer candidates that have worked in DOD environment.
Since 1995, KES continues to foster the entrepreneurial spirit of a growing small business that focuses on the needs of its customers and employees and serves to provide a rewarding and challenging career. KES offers a competitive salary and full range of benefits. KES, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
7807 Convoy Ct. Unit 200
San Diego, CA 92111
858-292-0922 Ext. 202