Koam Engineering Systems, Inc. (KES Inc.) is an employee owned small business specializing in technology innovation and systems integration by combining innovative products and reliable engineering services. Headquartered in San Diego, California and with offices in Gig Harbor, WA KES provides services globally in systems engineering & technical assistance, requirements analysis, software design & development, systems integration & testing, independent verification & validation, and operational & logistic support.
KES, Inc. currently has a need to hire one experienced C4ISR specialized C4ISR Systems Engineer for C4ISR work at SPAWAR Systems Center Pacific (SSC PAC).
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related degree preferred. (In lieu of degree, 6 years or more experience may be substituted).
- Experience in operating, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing C4ISR equipment to include mainframe computers, DC/AC Circuits, Digital Circuits, Digital Systems and the ability to isolate circuit faults down to the component level.
- Experience as a Systems or Network Administrator with the ability to troubleshoot, isolate and repair network and LAN connectivity problems.
- Experience with CANES and ADNS systems and how they are integrated into existing shipboard networking infrastructures.
- Must possess basic to mid-level programming skills to include HTML, Visual Basic, Java, J#, C#, C, C++ and similar programming languages.
- Excellent computer skills are required, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Project, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Highly knowledgeable of shipboard Weapons and Combat Systems and overall C4I architectures.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 and CMMI standards and methodologies considered a plus
- Work with a team of programmers, engineers and analysts to development software automation
- Exercises independent judgment within broadly defined Department of Defense (DoD) and Department of the Navy (DoN) policies to recommend lifecycle engineering and technical support
- Familiar with a variety of C4ISR and Combat System concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Develop metrics, reports, process schematics/diagrams and other customer-requested documentation.
- Attend meetings and brief stakeholders on the status of work progress and risks.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work with fleet Weapons Officers, Combat Systems Officers and other government stakeholders.
- Candidates with a current DOD SECRET (or higher) active clearance preferred (or the ability to obtain a clearance).
- Veterans are highly encouraged to apply.
Since 1995, KES continues to foster the entrepreneurial spirit of a growing small business that focuses on the needs of its customers and employees and serves to provide a rewarding and challenging career. KES offers a competitive salary and full range of benefits. KES, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
7807 Convoy Ct. Unit 200
San Diego, CA 92111
858-292-0922 Ext. 202