Koam Engineering Systems, Inc. (KES Inc.) is an employee owned small business specializing in technology innovation and systems integration by combining innovative products and reliable engineering services. Headquartered in San Diego, California and with offices in Gig Harbor, WA KES provides services globally in systems engineering & technical assistance, requirements analysis, software design & development, systems integration & testing, independent verification & validation, and operational & logistic support.
To provide engineering and technical expertise for the testing and evaluation (T&E) of Tactical Data Links (TDL) and the Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS). Support may include but not limited to: (1) test and evaluation for Direct and Beyond Line-of-Site (BLOS) Link-16 systems employed in the U.S. Navy Fleet and as part of the BMDS for the MDA; (2) hardware, technical, engineering, administrative support; (3) engineering support for critical components of the BMDS infrastructure; and (4) operational test and evaluation, mission integration of the Aegis Weapon System, Command, Control, Communication, Computers and Intelligence (C4I)-related systems, Navy networks, TDLs, and the supporting lab infrastructure.
- Design and build T&E unclassified and classified computer systems, and related infrastructure
- Conduct pre-installation checkout and testing of computer systems and related infrastructure.
- Perform maintenance of T&E computer systems on the various BTS data networks
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, and maintain/repair BTS test tools, in support of the test and evaluation of Ballistic Missile system events
- Identify and resolve interoperability problems encountered with complex systems, such as the BTS video data distribution network system
- Conduct pre-installation checkout, configure, troubleshoot, and maintain radio and network encryption devices connected to the BTS test network
- Build, install, configure, troubleshoot, and maintain/repair the data, video, and voice cables, necessary to test the interface of the system/subsystem/equipment/unit being installed with the existing systems currently connected to the various BTS test data networks.
- Provisioning and deployment of systems and solutions, including monitoring, management and reporting elements.
- Two years or more in configuring, operating, testing and troubleshooting the Missile Defense Display Distribution System (MD3S)
- Building unclassified and classified computer systems used in the extended BMD test and evaluation networks for engineering and analysis of BMD test events.
- Performing as a Systems Administrator and being responsible for a minimum of 70 unclassified computer systems, which are used in the support of TDL and C4I system interoperability tests.
- Performing software maintenance for a minimum of 70 unclassified computer systems to include, installation of operating
- systems, installation of application software, installation of software updates, installation of security patches, management of Host Based Security System (HBSS), performance of virus scans, identification and resolution of any interoperability issues.
- Performing computer hardware maintenance for over 100 unclassified and classified computer systems to include periodic preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair. Repair may consist of the replacement of the motherboard, motherboard sub-components, and peripherals.
- Installing, configuring, troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining test tools, which support all BMD tests, to include the
- Network Systems Integration and Test Environment (NSITE), Air Defense Systems Integrator (ADSI), Data Link Gateway
- (DLGW), Simple TDL Generator (STG), Remote Node Gateway (RNG), Link Monitoring and Management Tool (LMMT), and SIMDIS 3-D Analysis tool set.
- Holding a minimum of an Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level1 certification.
- Integrating and maintaining video distribution systems to include monthly preventative maintenance, interface testing, interoperability testing, troubleshooting, replacement of failed components, installation of upgrades, and ensuring that the video switching matrix server is properly configured.
- Installing, configuring, troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining keyboard, video, and mouse (KVM)-over-IP switches and related hardware.
- Building, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining the data, video, and voice cables which support the various data, video, and voice networks in the BTS. The required cables include, but are not limited to, the following:
- CAT 5, CAT 6 Fiber optic network cables with SC, ST, and LC connectors
- CAT 5 and CAT 6 copper network cables with RJ-45 connectors
- MIL-STD 1553 data bus cable
- Naval Tactical Data System (NTDS) Type A, B, and E cables
- Inter-Range Instrumentation Group B (IRIG-B) co-axial cable
- UHF, SHF, and EHF Satellite communications antenna cables with Type-N, BNC, SMA, and TNC connectors
- RS-232, 422, 449 and 530 cables
Education/ Credentials Required:
Bachelor's degree. In lieu of degree 15 years+ working in a C4I-SR environment specializing in Combat Systems and TDL testing and operations. IAT Level II or higher mandatory. Must have or have possessed a DoD Security Clearance at a Secret level or higher within the past 24 months.
10+ years working as a systems engineer
Since 1995, KES continues to foster the entrepreneurial spirit of a growing small business that focuses on the needs of its customers and employees and serves to provide a rewarding and challenging career. KES offers a competitive salary and full range of benefits. KES, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
7807 Convoy Ct. Unit 200
San Diego, CA 92111
858-292-0922 Ext. 202