Koam Engineering Systems, Inc. (KES Inc.) is an employee owned small business specializing in technology innovation and systems integration by combining innovative products and reliable engineering services. Headquartered in San Diego, California and with offices in Gig Harbor, WA KES provides services globally in systems engineering & technical assistance, requirements analysis, software design & development, systems integration & testing, independent verification & validation, and operational & logistic support.
Perform assembly and sub-assembly integration into electronic equipment cabinets including the repair, installation, integration and testing of cables and sub-assemblies into electronic racks/assemblies.
- Assemble, repair and install/integrate cables and sub-assemblies into electronic racks/assemblies utilizing appropriate techniques and hand tools.
- Perform self-inspection and testing of assemblies produced.
- Shall possess a moderate level of computer proficiency.
- Must have the experience and knowledge to use test equipment to validate product quality and reliability.
- Provide assistance during the installation and replacement/repair of faulty equipment for client. The installation and replacement/repair assistance will require the Assembler to visit naval bases and work onboard ships and/or submarines.
- Effectively and accurately report status updates, on an as needed basis, to supervisors and engineers, in effort to complete the assembly/build requirements on assigned projects.
- May assist with proto-typing of new designs and provide feedback to engineers regarding product design improvements.
- Will possess knowledge and experience in all relevant ISO documentation and procedures
- Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering and cable harnessing on assembly units.
- Works from diagrams and drawings, makes initial layouts, and uses hand and/or power tools, jigs, and saws.
- Under routine supervision, performs a variety of semi-complex electro/mechanical tasks in the buildup and assembly of chassis, power supplies, PCBs, cables and backplane assemblies.
- Must be able to travel as required
Must have basic computer skills in order to use and understand schematics, hardware and electronic drawings, Bills of Materials (BOMs), electronic/electrical inter connect drawings/wiring lists, and technical manuals
Must be able to demonstrate outstanding problem-solving abilities, maintain a positive attitude, should possess good communication skills, both verbal and written, to effectively interact with management, fellow employees, peers, and customers in positive and constructive manner. Must be able to effectively multi-task and will thrive in a fast-paced dynamic production environment.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must have three (3) or more years of related experience working in electronic/mechanical assembly, integration, and testing in a manufacturing or installation environment.
- Must be able to obtain a favorably adjudicated U.S. government background investigation and Secret clearance.
- Electrical/Mechanical Experience. Machinist and/or welder experience. Unit and Systems Level Test experience, including performance of system calibrations, is a plus
- Experience in the installation and assembly of electronic/mechanical systems onboard Naval Vessels, Submarines, and Shore Facilities
At KES, we offer a comprehensive and valuable benefits program to our employees and their families some of these benefits include but are not limited to:
· Customizable Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
· Life and AD&D Insurance
· 401(k) Plan
· Prevailing Wage Plan (Retirement Plan)
· Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - (Discretionary Plan)
· Education Assistance
· Paid Time Off
Since 1995, KES continues to foster the entrepreneurial spirit of a growing small business that focuses on the needs of its customers and employees and serves to provide a rewarding and challenging career. KES offers a competitive salary and full range of benefits. KES, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.