Koam Engineering Systems, Inc. (KES Inc.) is an employee owned small business specializing in technology innovation and systems integration by combining innovative products and reliable engineering services. Headquartered in San Diego, California and with offices in Gig Harbor, WA KES provides services globally in systems engineering & technical assistance, requirements analysis, software design & development, systems integration & testing, independent verification & validation, and operational & logistic support.
Procure and track the flow of materials required according to the Bill of Materials (BOM) and task order work orders. Materials is required for the integration and fabrication of government designed networking systems for use in DoD applications.
· Develops requisitions. Receives task order buy work orders and develops requisitions in a government material resource planner (MRP) for procurement.
· Negotiates quotes with material vendors, will converse with sale personnel of material vendors; request status, prices, and delivery schedules.
· Provides engineering drawing packages to material vendors for quote and competition, Analyzes budgetary quote information for source selection of material procurement.
· Monitors, tracks and provides status of material procurement progress.
· Performs micro purchases of material for task orders in accordance with all defense acquisition policies and regulation. Maintains accounting of micro purchases and reconciles account for invoice procedures.
· Updates government MRP of received material and updates functional area mangers of received materials for integration and fabrication.
· Manages the material procurements for task orders by checking levels and ensuring the entire BOM is available to the functional areas, government customers, and in accordance with government direction.
· Works closely with Project Managers as a liaison between material vendors and management.
· Perform other functions as required by the procurement department.
· 3+ years as procurement specialist or material management
· Database and data entry experience, efficient in Microsoft Excel
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
· High School Diploma, supply management training
· Must be able to obtain and maintain U.S. Government issued Common Access Card(CAC) eligibility
• Federal Acquisition training
• 3+ years in SPAWAR C4l systems experience
• MRP, or ERP database experience
At KES, we offer a comprehensive and valuable benefits program to our employees and their families some of these benefits include but are not limited to:
· Customizable Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
· Life and AD&D Insurance
· 401(k) Plan
· Prevailing Wage Plan (Retirement Plan)
· Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - (Discretionary Plan)
· Education Assistance
· Paid Time Off
Since 1995, KES continues to foster the entrepreneurial spirit of a growing small business that focuses on the needs of its customers and employees and serves to provide a rewarding and challenging career. KES offers a competitive salary and full range of benefits. KES, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.