Koam Engineering Systems, Inc. (KES Inc.) is an employee owned small business specializing in technology innovation and systems integration by combining innovative products and reliable engineering services. Headquartered in San Diego, California and with offices in Gig Harbor, WA KES provides services globally in systems engineering & technical assistance, requirements analysis, software design & development, systems integration & testing, independent verification & validation, and operational & logistic support.
Responsible for a variety of warehouse functions including issuing, receiving, storing, handling and preparing materials for customer delivery.
- Verifies the quantity and description of material received by checking the merchandise against the packing list.
- Receive materials from SPAWAR shipping (Bldg.7), Fed ex, and UPS. Responsible for reporting and recording discrepancies.
- Utilize CMPro database to retrieve work orders to issue stock materials for customer pick-up and delivery to OCONUS locations.
- Work on assignments directed daily by supervisor.
- Assist with crating materials for shipping to help move materials from Warehouse
- Operate forklifts and similar equipment handling devices including pallet jack, barcoding equipment
- Load material on and off skids, pallets, and stands. Accurately place materials on shelves, in racks or other designated storage areas in an orderly manner.
- Complies with health and safety rules and procedures; performs work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment. Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined by position and duties.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- High school education or equivalent;
- Must be able to obtain a favorably adjudicated U.S. government background investigation and must be able to obtain a fork lift operator’s license and/or recent experience operating a forklift.
- Proficient use in Microsoft products including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Able to move/lift up to 50 lbs unassisted.
- Previous Warehouse and distribution experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the warehouse area where required use of personal protective equipment such as steel toe footwear, safety glasses and hard hats. Must be able to obtain forklift certification. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential work functions.)
Since 1995, KES continues to foster the entrepreneurial spirit of a growing small business that focuses on the needs of its customers and employees and serves to provide a rewarding and challenging career. KES offers a competitive salary and full range of benefits. KES, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
7807 Convoy Ct. Unit 200
San Diego, CA 92111
858-292-0922 Ext. 202