Koam Engineering Systems, Inc. (KES Inc.) is an employee owned small business specializing in technology innovation and systems integration by combining innovative products and reliable engineering services. Headquartered in San Diego, California and with offices in Gig Harbor, WA KES provides services globally in systems engineering & technical assistance, requirements analysis, software design & development, systems integration & testing, independent verification & validation, and operational & logistic support.
The primary purpose of this position is to go aboard SPAWAR specified ships to ensure Patch Panel labels are accurate and are accurately reflected on shipboard installation drawings. Discrepancies will be documented and reported to the SPAWAR sponsor and ships personnel.
- Validate that Patch Panels match latest shipboard installation drawings.
- Validate that Patch Panel Labels are correct.
- Generate a deficiencies report and red-line existing installation drawings to make accurate.
Qualfications and Education Requirements:
10+ years shipboard installation experience including: knowledge of the specifications and standards applicable to shipboard installations; installation drawings (e.g. TDPs, SCDs, IRDs, SIDs and LARs), knowledge of different types of Patch Panels, knowledge of Technical Specification 9090-100 (Series) – LAR, knowledge of Technical Specification 9090-400 (Series), knowledge of Technical Specification 9090-600 (Series) – SID, knowledge of Engineering Drawing Practices ASME Y14-100 (American Standard Mechanical Engineers), and knowledge of the GSO.
- Able to adjudicate the SID’s (Ship Installation Drawings)
- Able to understand the purpose of a LAR (Liaison Action Record)
- Able to evaluate LAR impact
- Ability to develop integrated Patch Panel DWGs (Drawing Number from CAD programs)
- Ability to Distinguish the Requirements of a Patch Panel
- Able to provide analysis of as-is variance from baseline
50% travel to CONUS and OCONUS ships.
Since 1995, KES continues to foster the entrepreneurial spirit of a growing small business that focuses on the needs of its customers and employees and serves to provide a rewarding and challenging career. KES offers a competitive salary and full range of benefits. KES, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
7807 Convoy Ct. Unit 200
San Diego, CA 92111
858-292-0922 Ext. 202