Koam Engineering Systems, Inc. (KES Inc.) is an employee owned small business specializing in technology innovation and systems integration by combining innovative products and reliable engineering services. Headquartered in San Diego, California and with offices in Gig Harbor, WA KES provides services globally in systems engineering & technical assistance, requirements analysis, software design & development, systems integration & testing, independent verification & validation, and operational & logistic support.
Provide support involving design, development, prototyping, modification, integration, installation, test and evaluation of military and C4ISR electronic systems. Individual shall ensure compliance to customer specifications and requirements with a variety of electrical engineering concepts, practices, and procedures. Candidate shall rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and could perform a variety of tasks on multiple projects. Candidate will analyze requirements and work with other engineering team members to evaluate interfaces between hardware/software and create high level design, detailed design and documentation.
- Function in an advisory or leadership role for a project/program and provide direction and guidance to less experienced professional staff or team of professional staff.
- Works on extremely complex problems. Establishes operational objectives and assignments.
- Able to take Project ownership and works with team members and interface with customers to resolve issues.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures to be used with new projects.
- Responsible for development, modification and evaluation of electronic parts, components or integrated circuitry for hardware systems and other equipment.
- Conducts experimental tests on equipment and evaluates results. Develops specifications for selecting components and equipment to use.
- Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies which affect immediate operation(s) and may also have a company-wide effect.
- Regularly interacts with senior or executive management on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers.
- Determine technical objectives for solution(s) to advanced technical engineering problems.
- Participate in the review and finalization of detailed system and subsystem performance requirements, interface control documents, test requirements, integration planning, etc.
- Responsible for working on improvements and enhancements to existing designs, troubleshooting hardware, failure analysis, test procedure creation, and electronics testing. Develop reports describing failures and recommendations.
- Develop and design solutions for complex systems or subsystems as part of a multidisciplinary engineering team
- Document test and verification activities at the electrical system and/or subsystem level.
- Conduct reviews and/or provide significant technical analysis and commentary on the system and engineering specification, schematic, and/or verification phases of development.
- Consult with other engineers and program teams charged with sustaining engineering activities in order to ensure continuity of assembly/testing activities
- Understand specifications standards for use in designing hardware schematics
- Check/Construct electrical schematic packages
- Identify system performance measures and the actions needed to make improvements.
- Conduct tests on new designs and equipment.
- Train and mentor members of the electrical engineering team
- Ensure equipment performs to validate with quality protocols.
- Notify supervision for corrective action, if and when, defects are found and/or parts/processes do not conform to specifications.
- Design, test, install, and maintain large-scale electronic equipment or machinery for use in manufacturing or power generation or transmission.
- Use PADS to design and review CCAs.
- Apply principles and techniques of electrical engineering to accomplish goals
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures including ISO 9001:2008/2015.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and 8 or more years’ experience working as an Electrical Engineer in a military or DoDC4I facility
Master’s Degree and 10+ years’ experience
Electrical Engineering experience within SPAWAR community ideal
Current working knowledge of PADS a must. Experience utilizing Visio
Since 1995, KES continues to foster the entrepreneurial spirit of a growing small business that focuses on the needs of its customers and employees and serves to provide a rewarding and challenging career. KES offers a competitive salary and full range of benefits. KES, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
7807 Convoy Ct. Unit 200
San Diego, CA 92111
858-292-0922 Ext. 202