Koam Engineering Systems, Inc. (KES Inc.) is an employee owned small business specializing in technology innovation and systems integration by combining innovative products and reliable engineering services. Headquartered in San Diego, California and with offices in Gig Harbor, WA KES provides services globally in systems engineering & technical assistance, requirements analysis, software design & development, systems integration & testing, independent verification & validation, and operational & logistic support.
To proficiently rewrite, edit, format, and organize technical documents in accordance with set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology. Consistently be detail-focused and deliver documents that are error-free while maintaining compliance within strict deadlines. Must be able to communicate with government stakeholders, peers, engineers, and managers at all levels.
- Plan, develop, organize and write technical documentation
- Select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts for illustration and graphic material
- Provide published materials, monthly status updates and other documentation as directed
- Generate and develop presentations and briefs. Participate/facilitate meetings and briefings.
- Support the Advanced Digital Network System (ADNS) Program Office with other related administrative tasks
- Articulate complex concepts and processes orally and in writing.
- Routinely function effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Accommodate a flexible schedule, which may include evenings and weekends, as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Familiarity with systems engineering technical documents (hardware/software) and process that are normally required by SPAWAR, U.S. Navy, Department of Defense or other government military organization.
- Network engineering background/familiarity as well as familiarity with creating network diagrams.
- Familiarity with ADNS desired and considered a plus.
- On a 1-10 scale, must be a 7 or higher utilizing PowerPoint and Visio and experience preparing professional briefs/presentations
- On a 1-10 scale, must be 7 or higher utilizing other Microsoft applications such as Word, Outlook, Excel, and FrontPage.
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the deliverables and the documentation requirements
- Create and maintain the document information architecture
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Write easy-to-understand text, which may include online documentation
- Create documentation to help readers understand a variety of emerging technologies
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- 4 year post-secondary education, or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant equivalent (English, Journalism, Education) and 5 or more years’ experience working as a Tech Writer in a military or DoDC4I facility.
- In lieu of degree, 10 years+ working as a Technical Writer in a C4I-SR environment is required.
- Candidate may be required to present Past Performance samples.
- Must have or have possessed a DoD Security Clearance at a Secret level or higher within the past 24 months.
5+ years (10+ sans Bachelor’s Degree) working as a C4I-SR Technical Writer with emphasis on mechanical, electrical and networking engineering concepts. Excellent written skills in English
Familiarity or experience working with ADNS
Experience working in a DOD, military or government agency environment
Since 1995, KES continues to foster the entrepreneurial spirit of a growing small business that focuses on the needs of its customers and employees and serves to provide a rewarding and challenging career. KES offers a competitive salary and full range of benefits. KES, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
7807 Convoy Ct. Unit 200
San Diego, CA 92111
858-292-0922 Ext. 202