Koam Engineering Systems, Inc. (KES Inc.) is an employee owned small business specializing in technology innovation and systems integration by combining innovative products and reliable engineering services. Headquartered in San Diego, California and with offices in Gig Harbor, WA KES provides services globally in systems engineering & technical assistance, requirements analysis, software design & development, systems integration & testing, independent verification & validation, and operational & logistic support.
Serve as a technical focal point for hardware verification and software load / configuration of complex DON network systems.
• Diagnose system failures and isolating the source of problems between hardware components and software applications.
• Load/Configure network servers, routers, switches, storage area network, and packet shaping devices in accordance with configuration toolkits while utilizing system checklists and/or load plans.
• Possess superb customer service support skills and ability to interact with the government customers, vendors, systems engineers, and fellow technical staff members.
• 2 or more years in a C5I or C4I-SR military or DoD environment performing system validation and repair.
• Experience with Navy Network systems (ADNS, CANES, CENTRIXS, ISNS, SCI, and SUBLAN) or other military networks
• VMWare Experience (ESX and VCenter) – VCP certification ideal (ESX 4 or higher
• Knowledge of networking and network protocols, command line skills and experience with Microsoft Windows Operating System, Linux, Solaris, and Windows virtual machines (VM).
• Knowledge of server virtualization principles and practices utilizing VSphere/Hyper-V.>
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Must meet DoDINST 8570.01M IAT Level I requirements.
• Must have or have possessed a DoD Security Clearance at a Secret level or higher within the past 24 months
• Cisco Network Device Experience – CCNA or CCENT ideal
• Windows Server 2008/2012 Experience –MCITP or MCSE ideal
• Red Hat Linux experience –RHCE ideal
• Windows 7 Experience – MCP ideal
• Sun / Solaris Experience ideal
Since 1995, KES continues to foster the entrepreneurial spirit of a growing small business that focuses on the needs of its customers and employees and serves to provide a rewarding and challenging career. KES offers a competitive salary and full range of benefits. KES, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.