Koam Engineering Systems, Inc. (KES Inc.) is an employee owned small business specializing in technology innovation and systems integration by combining innovative products and reliable engineering services. Headquartered in San Diego, California and with offices in Gig Harbor, WA KES provides services globally in systems engineering & technical assistance, requirements analysis, software design & development, systems integration & testing, independent verification & validation, and operational & logistic support.
To provide managerial oversight in accomplishing all strategic contractual objectives as it pertains to Task Order deliverables, budgeting and schedule. Research, plan, pilot, document, communicate, implement and coordinate company and customer goals.
-Accomplish human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining/rewarding employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
-Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; and implementing change.
-Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing budgets; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; and initiating corrective actions.
-Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances company and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring methodologies to add value to job accomplishments and investigate new business opportunities to enable professional and company growth.
- 12 yrs recent NC4I(S) or other relevant experience in the management of large programs and groups of senior personnel
-Managed programs should include financial tracking, task tracking and the coordination of engineering, technical support, manufacturing, installations, ILS support, quality control and field support
-Personnel managed should include lower level managers, senior engineers, senior technicians and senior support personnel.
- Coordinating and monitoring the scheduling, pricing, and technical performance of task orders and projects.
-Aiding in the negotiation of contracts and contractual changes and coordinating preparations of proposals, plans, specifications, and financial conditions of contracts.
-Ensuring adherence to master plans and schedules, develops solutions to program problems, and directs work of incumbents and subcontractors assigned to program from various departments.
-Ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget.
-Acting as advisor to program team regarding projects, tasks, and operations.
-Familiar with IT, engineering, combat systems and military communication/network standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the DOD C4I/C5I-SR arena.
-Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Provide the requisite management and support services that ensure the timely and successful fulfillment of contract requirements, including deliverables, performance metrics, and other metrics as determined by the Government, and required technical analysis level of effort.
- Oversee and manage Quality Assurance and Risk Management Plans
- Attend meetings and brief stakeholders on the status of work and risks
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Bachelors in any Engineering, Scientific, Business or Management Degree; Master’s in same.
Master’s Degree and current PMP certification
Experience working in a DOD, military or government agency environment
At KES, we offer a comprehensive and valuable benefits program to our employees and their families some of these benefits include but are not limited to:
- Customizable Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Prevailing Wage Plan (Retirement Plan)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - (Discretionary Plan)
- Education Assistance
- Paid Time Off
Since 1995, KES continues to foster the entrepreneurial spirit of a growing small business that focuses on the needs of its customers and employees and serves to provide a rewarding and challenging career. KES offers a competitive salary and full range of benefits. KES, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.