Koam Engineering Systems, Inc. (KES Inc.) is an employee owned small business specializing in technology innovation and systems integration by combining innovative products and reliable engineering services. Headquartered in San Diego, California and with offices in Gig Harbor, WA KES provides services globally in systems engineering & technical assistance, requirements analysis, software design & development, systems integration & testing, independent verification & validation, and operational & logistic support.
Provide project engineering support for engineering team. Efforts will be focused toward COTS/GOTS integration for military communications and C4ISR network systems. Will work independently or as a team member to perform, prepare, review, analyze, and modify system and network designs, technical documents and data packages for C4ISR based military networks to ensure customer requirements are satisfied. Perform trade studies and participate in equipment selection. Must generate and review system hardware documentation. Will participate in integrated product teams and engineering/design reviews.
-Integrating hardware, software, network, processes, etc. into solutions for new and existing systems
-Maintain an understanding of, and have experience with, delivering solutions for a wide-range of programs and customers; demonstrating the ability to address and resolve technical (hardware, software, network, etc.) problems
-Process critical information and data
-Establish technical boundaries and constraints; and draw conclusions necessary to delivery optimal and cost-effective solutions that meet customer’s requirements.
-Evaluate and recommend engineering designs and techniques, and assist in resolving technical obstacles, to prevent project delays.
-Responsible for ensuring solutions are scalable and reliable
-Requires working with many other technology groups to ensure reliable delivery to our customer.
−Escalate issues to the Sr. Management.
− Enforce the adherence to the Quality processes and procedures.
− Provide technical support to the Testing team.
- 12 yrs recent NC4I(S) or other relevant experience in large system design, testing, installation, and analysis, using ILS data and risk/trade-off analysis of several systems.
- Ten years cumulative experience in the design, integration, and installation of shipboard/shore military systems.
- Demonstrated experience involving project planning, scheduling, and execution and related experience in system integration, detailed system analysis, and risk and trade-off analysis.
- Strong technical, managerial, interpersonal, written and verbal skills
- Ability to operate effectively in a team environment as well as independently and provide direct interface with customers.
- Familiarity with PC/workstation HW, servers, routers, switches, hubs, ATM, VMEC, power supplies, and encryption devices desired.
- Experience with commercial and militarized documentation and configuration management.
- 5 or more years in a C5I or C4I-SR military or DoD environment performing system validation and repair.
- Experience with ADNS, CANES and/or other military networks and Tactical Data Links a plus.
- Recent NC4I(S) or other relevant experience in large system design, testing, installation, and analysis, using ILS data and risk/trade-off analysis of several systems
- Experience using CMPro or similar interactive database and utilizing the Engineering Change Request (ECR) features
Bachelors in EE, ME, CE, CS, TM, IS, IRM, IT, Physics or other related field
Experience working in a DOD, military or government agency environment
At KES, we offer a comprehensive and valuable benefits program to our employees and their families some of these benefits include but are not limited to:
- Customizable Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Prevailing Wage Plan (Retirement Plan)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - (Discretionary Plan)
- Education Assistance
- Paid Time Off
Since 1995, KES continues to foster the entrepreneurial spirit of a growing small business that focuses on the needs of its customers and employees and serves to provide a rewarding and challenging career. KES offers a competitive salary and full range of benefits. KES, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.