Koam Engineering Systems, Inc. (KES Inc.) is an employee owned small business specializing in technology innovation and systems integration by combining innovative products and reliable engineering services. Headquartered in San Diego, California and with offices in Gig Harbor, WA KES provides services globally in systems engineering & technical assistance, requirements analysis, software design & development, systems integration & testing, independent verification & validation, and operational & logistic support.
Responsible for performing subject matter expert level support of Property Management requirements. Supporting SPAWAR Systems Center Pacific (SSC PAC) Network Integration Engineering Facility (NIEF) to ensure systems have the appropriate approved data plate template for Item Unique Identification (IUID), and verify all Government material meets the Department of Defense (DOD) Mil standards.
•Assist in the preparation and submittal of IUID property reports both internally and to customers and/or government.
•Property record review and inventory updates in property database.
•Take corrective action as necessary to ensure compliance with IUID label requirements.
•Provides training and direction to functional departments on GFP management requirements and procedures; is the Government Property Management System’s principal contact with internal personnel, external customers, and the government.
•Perform regular analysis of the government property system, with primary emphasis on analyzing data and resolving property records issues.
•Ensure the integrity of data, records, and reports that are officially submitted to the government.
•Monitor and maintain property records in asset management application.
•Maintains current knowledge of software or hardware and integrates according to changing business needs.
•Provide work status to manager on an established basis.
•Maintain a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
•Actively builds relationships and depth of knowledge within the Government and customer asset management communities.
•Utilize labor saving devices including barcode readers, passive RFID printers and scanners
•Operate laser engraver equipment
•Validate IUID label for verification
•Review Engineering label drawings to identify types of material to use
•Upload label templates into database
•Reviews work orders within CMPro
•Extract files for information accuracy to create label
•Uploads the IUID into DOD registry
•Design label template for the IUID label
•Format IUID data to transmit to the IUID registry via I-Guides and WAWF
•Assist with PowerPoint presentations for IUID Symposium
•May direct the work of less senior personnel.
•Able to perform other duties as needed.
· Associates Degree Required
· Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
· In lieu of formal education, 2-5 years of related experience with 3 years’ experience in a Business/Asset Management function
· NPMA Certification (CPPS) Preferred
· Forklift licensed
· Experience with MIL-STD 130, industry leading practices, techniques and standards as they pertain to Property Management and MS Office Suite (Corel Draw)
· Knowledge of IUID Registry reporting requirements, extensive knowledge and experience using Property Management System
· An active DoD Clearance and a CAC card.
· Excellent Customer Service and communication skills
· Proficient in MS Office products
· Self-motivated and the ability to work under limited supervision a must.
· Ability to keep sensitive and confidential material private
At KES, we offer a comprehensive and valuable benefits program to our employees and their families some of these benefits include but are not limited to:
· Customizable Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
· Life and AD&D Insurance
· 401(k) Plan
· Prevailing Wage Plan (Retirement Plan)
· Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - (Discretionary Plan)
· Education Assistance
· Paid Time Off
Since 1995, KES continues to foster the entrepreneurial spirit of a growing small business that focuses on the needs of its customers and employees and serves to provide a rewarding and challenging career. KES offers a competitive salary and full range of benefits. KES, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.