Koam Engineering Systems, Inc. (KES Inc.) is an employee owned small business specializing in technology innovation and systems integration by combining innovative products and reliable engineering services. Headquartered in San Diego, California and with offices in Gig Harbor, WA KES provides services globally in systems engineering & technical assistance, requirements analysis, software design & development, systems integration & testing, independent verification & validation, and operational & logistic support.
The successful candidate will be accountable for creating monthly and weekly production requirements and inventory plans that meet demand requirements from the NIEF Planning process. Capacity analysis and customer service policies will be used to govern schedules and finished product inventory plans. Will be responsible for creating and executing scheduling in accordance with business strategies and policies. Shall be responsible for continuous improvement of the scheduling process and performance. Must have proven ability to be proactive, using forward-planning utilizing "what if" simulations to evaluate proposed MPS changes to determine impact and execute the approved changes effectively. The Scheduler will actively use all resources around them, throughout any given day, keeping abreast of all activities within the Program Management, Logistics, Testing and Engineering and QC/QA Department departments, tracking progress as projects develop; thus, aligning and synchronizing the procurement, maintenance and staff plans to their production plans. The Scheduler, utilizing best practices used from past work experience, will set in place internal benchmarking methodologies in order to constantly improve production processes and systems in order to demonstrate more effective production planning practices.
· Coordinate the master production schedule for the Network Integration Engineering Facility (NIEF), review task order and analyze production planning inputs.
· Track contract task deliverable progress, risks, and milestones
· Load new task orders into the NIEF master schedule.
· Drive accurate NIEF Task Order forecasts.
· Establish and document the process for developing, maintaining and updating the NIEF master schedule.
· Develop high level schedule tools based on the start and finish of major milestone criteria that is used by functional area managers to identify potential scheduling issues on a day-to-day basis.
· Prefer 12 years of NC4I(S) or other relevant experience in the management of large projects and groups of personnel.
· Proficient in Excel
· Understanding of Project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
· Good communication skills
· Must be able to present status to customers
· Must be able to retrieve status updates and accurately enter into master schedules
Required Education and Experience
· Must have a Bachelor’s in any Engineering, Scientific, Business or Management program; or, in lieu of a post-secondary degree, the candidate will possess 15 or more years’ of work related experience.
· Must currently hold or have held a DoD Secret Security Clearance or higher or have the ability to obtain one to be eligible to work on-site at SPAWAR-NIEF.
Desired Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in any Engineering, Scientific, Business or Management program.
· Has a solid understanding of Finite, Infinite, Forward, and/or Backward scheduling techniques.
· Understands calculations for efficiency, utilization, and productivity.
At KES, we offer a comprehensive and valuable benefits program to our employees and their families some of these benefits include but are not limited to:
· Customizable Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
· Life and AD&D Insurance
· 401(k) Plan
· Prevailing Wage Plan (Retirement Plan)
· Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - (Discretionary Plan)
· Education Assistance
· Paid Time Off
Since 1995, KES continues to foster the entrepreneurial spirit of a growing small business that focuses on the needs of its customers and employees and serves to provide a rewarding and challenging career. KES offers a competitive salary and full range of benefits. KES, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.