Koam Engineering Systems, Inc. (KES Inc.) is an employee owned small business specializing in technology innovation and systems integration by combining innovative products and reliable engineering services. Headquartered in San Diego, California and with offices in Gig Harbor, WA KES provides services globally in systems engineering & technical assistance, requirements analysis, software design & development, systems integration & testing, independent verification & validation, and operational & logistic support.
To design electrical power, lighting, and control systems and modifications for U.S. Navy and commercial ships. Candidate would be responsible for development of own designs as well designing and building AutoCAD tools to assist the Electrical Engineering code in automating and improving drawing quality.
- Analyze ship as-built and/or modification electrical drawings to determine impact of proposed ship upgrades.
- Assist with routine ship check activities, such as identifying existing ship electrical systems and recording breakers and power panel information.
- Document any installation interferences onboard ship and design any required modifications.
- Develop and maintain AutoCAD tools and programming systems.
- Responsible for basic electrical analysis (Three phase power calculations, voltage drop calculations, and circuit breaker fault analysis)
- Perform and/or check weight and moment calculations for all removed and added electrical systems and modifications.
- Experienced with correctly sizing cables and breakers to the appropriate loads.
- Responsible for working closely with and mentoring new electrical engineers on the use of AutoCAD.
- Integrate with Electrical Engineer Level II and III on design concepts and work-flow process efficiency.
- Coordinate all assigned design work with lead electrical engineer.
Other duties as assigned.
- 0-4 years Engineering experience
- Candidate must possess or have ability to obtain a DoD Secret Level Clearance. Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with 2D and 3D CAD software and Microsoft Excel. Must be willing and able to travel for shipchecks. Should havecurrent passport for OCONUS travel.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
High School Diploma
Vocational technical schools
5+ years of engineering design experience which included AutoCAD 2D and 3D computer drafting.
Experience with Naval and ABS standards and familiarity with technical drawings. Experience with AutoCAD 3D.
At KES, we offer a comprehensive and valuable benefits program to our employees and their families some of these benefits include but are not limited to:
- Customizable Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Prevailing Wage Plan (Retirement Plan)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - (Discretionary Plan)
- Education Assistance
- Paid Time Off
Since 1995, KES continues to foster the entrepreneurial spirit of a growing small business that focuses on the needs of its customers and employees and serves to provide a rewarding and challenging career. KES offers a competitive salary and full range of benefits. KES, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.