Koam Engineering Systems, Inc. (KES Inc.) is an employee owned small business specializing in technology innovation and systems integration by combining innovative products and reliable engineering services. Headquartered in San Diego, California and with offices in Gig Harbor, WA KES provides services globally in systems engineering & technical assistance, requirements analysis, software design & development, systems integration & testing, independent verification & validation, and operational & logistic support.
To measure components and generate full-scale computer-aided drawings, schematics and/or technical diagrams of shipboard mechanical, structural and electrical systems in accordance with applicable requirements.
- Develop scaled CAD models of ship compartments for use in the development of ship modification drawings.
- Assist with routine ship check activities, documenting existing ship structure and equipment.
- Responsible for physically measuring and documenting equipment sizes, locations and orientations and generating scaled electronic depictions of equipment layouts as well as any interfacing systems (structure, HVAC, power, network).
- Assist engineers in documenting boundaries for system alterations onboard ship.
- Develop removal and installation drawings in accordance with Navy and/or commercial specifications.
- Independently develop equipment arrangement drawings and system diagrams.
- Correctly develop plan, section and elevation views for drawings to adequately capture details.
- Backfix/modify drawings as requested by lead engineer.
- Perform basic weight and moment calculations for all removed and added items.
- Accountable for developing a list of materials for all removal and installation drawings.
- Knowledgeable of basic engineering design principles and able to solve problems in real time.
- Provide support in the development of work-flow process efficiency.
- In addition to computer drafting, some manual drafting may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
No experience is required as this is an entry level position.
Proficient with 2D CAD software and Microsoft Excel. Strong computer and communication skills. Ability to acquire a passport and travel for shipchecks as well as acquire and maintain a security clearance.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Required: High School diploma and demonstrable experience and/or education with 2D AutoCAD.
Preferred: Technical certificate or a 2-year technical degree in computer drafting or related discipline. Experience with 3D Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) desired.
Previous experience drafting electrical or mechanical systems.
Strong focus on visualization and detail.
At KES, we offer a comprehensive and valuable benefits program to our employees and their families some of these benefits include but are not limited to:
- Customizable Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Prevailing Wage Plan (Retirement Plan)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - (Discretionary Plan)
- Education Assistance
- Paid Time Off
Since 1995, KES continues to foster the entrepreneurial spirit of a growing small business that focuses on the needs of its customers and employees and serves to provide a rewarding and challenging career. KES offers a competitive salary and full range of benefits. KES, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.