Koam Engineering Systems, Inc. (KES Inc.) is an employee owned small business specializing in technology innovation and systems integration by combining innovative products and reliable engineering services. Headquartered in San Diego, California and with offices in Gig Harbor, WA KES provides services globally in systems engineering & technical assistance, requirements analysis, software design & development, systems integration & testing, independent verification & validation, and operational & logistic support.
Supervises the coordination and administration of configuration management activities, as well as the purchasing and procurement of materials. Formulates procedures for and executes the introduction of changes to engineering documents. Oversees the review of released engineering change data and change documentation activities to ensure adherence to configuration management procedures and policies.
- Oversees the review of released engineering change data and change documentation activities to ensure adherence to configuration management procedures and policies
- Verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list; clarifying unclear items; recommending alternatives.
- Forwards available inventory items by verifying stock; scheduling delivery.
- Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from requisitioning department.
- Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
- Authorizes payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation.
- 5-7 years of experience with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within logistics, procurement and configuration management
- Familiarity with DoD contracts
- Familiarity with ERP software tools
- Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Bachelor’s degree desired
Microsoft Word, Excel, Navy-ERP
At KES, we offer a comprehensive and valuable benefits program to our employees and their families some of these benefits include but are not limited to:
- Customizable Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Prevailing Wage Plan (Retirement Plan)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - (Discretionary Plan)
- Education Assistance
- Paid Time Off
Since 1995, KES continues to foster the entrepreneurial spirit of a growing small business that focuses on the needs of its customers and employees and serves to provide a rewarding and challenging career. KES offers a competitive salary and full range of benefits. KES, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.