Koam Engineering Systems, Inc. (KES Inc.) is an employee owned small business specializing in technology innovation and systems integration by combining innovative products and reliable engineering services. Headquartered in San Diego, California and with offices in Gig Harbor, WA KES provides services globally in systems engineering & technical assistance, requirements analysis, software design & development, systems integration & testing, independent verification & validation, and operational & logistic support.
To design for the removal and installation of electronic systems for the modernization of U.S. Navy, Military Sealift Command, and US Coast Guard ships. Candidate would be responsible for development of electronic system designs for shipboard applications as well as checking final drawings for accuracy, efficiency of design, cost effectiveness and future adaptability.
- Assist with routine ship check activities, such as analyzing existing electronic systems onboard ship for system removal and/or interface with new electronic systems to be installed.
- Assist determining the locations of new or relocating existing electronic equipment for the development of new electronic system installation design.
- Document installation interferences onboard ship and develop design any required modifications.
- Write detailed shipcheck reports outlining locations of equipment and systems being removed and installed, and also brining attention to potential problem areas or subjects of concern for the system design.
- Write Job Information Sheets outlining the design work each engineering discipline must perform in each compartment on the ship to complete the full electronics system design.
- Develop and maintain an electronic materials catalog that accounts for unit weights, National Stock Numbers, and material specifications.
- Develop electronics systems drawings to ensure that they meet Navy shipboard modernization requirements.
- Drive integration with other engineering disciplines to ensure continuity of system design across all engineering disciplines involved.
- Perform and/or check ship’s weight and moment calculations for all removed and added electronics system modifications.
- Responsible for working closely with the project engineers for larger scale projects.
- Integrate with senior electronics engineers on design concepts and work-flow process efficiency.
- Coordinate all assigned design work with senior electronics engineers or Electronics Engineering Lead.
- Develop a working understanding of the US Navy Liaison Action Request (LAR) system for generating technical official communication in the US Navy civilian community.
- Other duties as assigned.
0-4 years electronics engineering design
Candidate must possess or have ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
Must have strong computer skills and show basic knowledge of working with 2D CAD software and Microsoft Office Products.
Must be willing and able to travel for shipchecks. Should have current passport for OCONUS travel.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Required: Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering. 5+ years related electronics design experience may be substituted for BS degree.
Preferred: ABET certified engineering school.
2+ years of engineering design experience which includes AutoCAD 2D and 3D computer drafting.
Experience with Naval and ABS standards and familiarity with technical drawings.
At KES, we offer a comprehensive and valuable benefits program to our employees and their families some of these benefits include but are not limited to:
- Customizable Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Prevailing Wage Plan (Retirement Plan)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - (Discretionary Plan)
- Education Assistance
- Paid Time Off
Since 1995, KES continues to foster the entrepreneurial spirit of a growing small business that focuses on the needs of its customers and employees and serves to provide a rewarding and challenging career. KES offers a competitive salary and full range of benefits. KES, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.