Koam Engineering Systems, Inc. (KES Inc.) is an employee owned small business specializing in technology innovation and systems integration by combining innovative products and reliable engineering services. Headquartered in San Diego, California and with offices in Gig Harbor, WA KES provides services globally in systems engineering & technical assistance, requirements analysis, software design & development, systems integration & testing, independent verification & validation, and operational & logistic support.
To be able to lead a design team in the development of electronics systems design onboard US Navy, Military Sealift Command, and US Coast Guard surface ships as well as act as the overall technical point of contact for these designs. Candidate would be responsible for delegating work and assigning design responsibilities to Electronics Design Technicians as well as Level I Electronics Engineers while managing the overall design of projects. Candidate will perform the final check on electronics systems design drawings ensuring accuracy, efficiency of design, cost effectiveness and functionality.
- Examine customer’s Installation Requirement Drawings and/or interface with the customer to obtain system design requirements.
- Utilize intimate knowledge of Navy shipboard electronic systems to obtain and examine ship as-built and/or modification drawings to determine electronic systems removals and integration.
- Mentor junior engineers/technicians on ship check activities to improve the quality of their designs.
- Resolve issues with design approving authorities.
- Resolve post design installation issues.
- Review Electronics Engineering Department’s designs against ICD/IRDs, shipboard system as-built drawings, and shipcheck data.
- Responsible for working closely with and mentor technicians and junior engineers in Navy shipboard electronics design practices.
- Special projects as assigned by Electronic Engineering Manager.
10+ years of electronic systems integration design in the field of Navy shipboard modernization which included reading/developing electronics system drawings.
Must possess intimate knowledge of Navy shipboard modernization design practices and requirements for electronics system design.
Must possess/have ability to obtain a DoD Secret Level Clearance.
Must be highly experienced using Personal Computers (PCs) and be proficient with 2D Autodesk AutoCAD software, and Microsoft Office.
Must be willing/able to travel international for shipchecks.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering. 10+ years’ experience of electronic systems integration design in the field of Navy shipboard modernization may be substituted for BS degree.
Preferred: ABET certified engineering school.
Possess strong written communications skills.
At KES, we offer a comprehensive and valuable benefits program to our employees and their families some of these benefits include but are not limited to:
- Customizable Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Prevailing Wage Plan (Retirement Plan)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - (Discretionary Plan)
- Education Assistance
- Paid Time Off
Since 1995, KES continues to foster the entrepreneurial spirit of a growing small business that focuses on the needs of its customers and employees and serves to provide a rewarding and challenging career. KES offers a competitive salary and full range of benefits. KES, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.