Koam Engineering Systems, Inc. (KES Inc.) is an employee owned small business specializing in technology innovation and systems integration by combining innovative products and reliable engineering services. Headquartered in San Diego, California and with offices in Gig Harbor, WA KES provides services globally in systems engineering & technical assistance, requirements analysis, software design & development, systems integration & testing, independent verification & validation, and operational & logistic support.
To work autonomously and/or under direction of electronics engineering leads in the design and development of shipboard electronic systems removal and installation drawings for US Navy, Military Sealift Command, and US Coast Guard ships.
- Accurately, efficiently, and autonomously capture shipboard space arrangement conditions in real-time using laptop computer and AutoCAD software for later use in the development of arrangement drawings. (Will require travel throughout the United States and the world.)
- Work with electronics systems designers’ onboard ship in real-time using laptop computer and AutoCAD software to plan the removal and installation of electronic systems for space arrangement purposes in preparation for ship modernization drawing development. Must be expertly able to identify installation interferences onboard ship (waveguides, operating gear, maintenance access, equipment shock envelopes, etc.).
- Independently perform drawing development for the following types of drawings in AutoCAD: Block Wiring Diagram, List of Connections, Arrangements, Functional Interconnect Drawings, Installation Requirement Drawings, and Project Class Baselines.
- Perform drawing revisions and develop Liaison Action Request documents with support from Electronics Engineering Manager or Lead.
- Identify areas of improvement and develop tools to improve efficiency in the work flow process.
- Assist Structural Department with analysis of ship as-built drawings and development of full-scale CAD models of ship compartments for use in the development of new ship installation drawings.
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years in electronics system design using CAD.
- Proficient with 2D CAD software and Microsoft Excel.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to travel for shipchecks.
- Experience in development of technical drawings or documents.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Required: AS or 2 year technical degree in Engineering Technology, CAD technology, CAD drafting, or another related field and 2+ years related experience. High School and 5+ years related experience may be substituted for degree.
Preferred: Some education/certification in 2D and 3D Computer Aided Drafting (CAD). Experience with US Navy Surface Fleet shipboard electronic systems and/or design.
Skilled with AutoDesk AutoCAD 2D and 3D with real-time AutoCAD design development on-board US Navy surface ships with regard to electronics systems design.
AutoDesk AutoCAD 2D and 3D Certified, or equivalent CAD certification. Competent with Mil-Specifications, and NSN material numbers.
At KES, we offer a comprehensive and valuable benefits program to our employees and their families some of these benefits include but are not limited to:
- Customizable Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Prevailing Wage Plan (Retirement Plan)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - (Discretionary Plan)
- Education Assistance
- Paid Time Off
Since 1995, KES continues to foster the entrepreneurial spirit of a growing small business that focuses on the needs of its customers and employees and serves to provide a rewarding and challenging career. KES offers a competitive salary and full range of benefits. KES, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.