Koam Engineering Systems, Inc. (KES Inc.) is an employee owned small business specializing in technology innovation and systems integration by combining innovative products and reliable engineering services. Headquartered in San Diego, California and with offices in Gig Harbor, WA KES provides services globally in systems engineering & technical assistance, requirements analysis, software design & development, systems integration & testing, independent verification & validation, and operational & logistic support.
Laboratory support for Ballistic Missile lab at SSC Pacific in San Diego. This effort will provide extended Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) test and evaluation (T&E) networks for engineering and analysis. In order to provide the T&E networks, specific support will consist of the engineering, maintenance, operation, and upgrade of the computers, computer networks, communication systems, video distribution systems, the related infrastructure, and the laboratory spaces which constitute the BTS data network and the Ballistic Missile lab, test and evaluation, laboratory infrastructure certification and simulation activities.
- Test, evaluate, troubleshoot, repair, install, integrate BMD laboratory equipment, including but not limited to:
- Tactical Data Link (TDL) Systems
- Data link terminal to data link terminals
- Multi-TDL network performance evaluation
- TDL testing
- Joint Tactical Information Distribution System/Multi-Functional Information Distribution
- System (JTIDS/MIDS) terminals
- ACDS Model 5 Block 1 support
- AEGIS Weapons Systems support
- Common Data Link Management System (CDLMS) support
- Pre-installation testing and checkout
- Relative navigation performance evaluation
- New TDL and BMD “proof-of-concept” analysis
- Electromagnetic Interference/Electromagnetic Capability testing
- Live Fleet/Service support
- Design and build T&E unclassified and classified computer systems, and related infrastructure,
- Which permits the interfacing of multiple switchable terminals, development labs, software support activities, live assets, certification activities, and simulation activities in extended BMD test and evaluation networks for engineering and analysis.
- Provide software maintenance, as systems administrator, for a minimum of 70 unclassified BTS test and evaluation computer systems to include installation of operating systems, installation of application software, installation of software updates, installation of security patches, management of Host Based Security System (HBSS), performance of virus scans, and identification and resolution of system interoperability problems in support of Tactical Data Link (TDL) and C4I interoperability tests.
- Perform maintenance of T&E computer systems on the various BTS data networks, specifically computer hardware maintenance for a minimum of 100 unclassified and classified BTS test and evaluation computer systems, in support of the evaluation of system interoperability to include periodic preventative
- Maintenance, interface testing, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, and maintain/repair BTS test tools, in support of the test and evaluation of Ballistic Missile system events, to include the Network Systems Integration and Test Environment (NSITE), Air
- Defense Systems Integrator (ADSI), Data Link Gateway (DLGW), Simple TDL Generator (STG), Remote Node Gateway (RNG), Link Monitoring and Management Tool (LMMT), and SIMDIS 3-D Analysis tool set.
- Familiarity with C4ISR technical documents (hardware/software) and process that are normally required by SPAWAR, U.S. Navy, Department of Defense or other government military organization.
- On a 1-10 scale, must a 7 or higher utilizing PowerPoint and Visio and experience preparing professional briefs/presentations
- On a 1-10 scale, must be 7 or higher utilizing other Microsoft applications such as Word, Outlook, Excel.
- On a 1-10 scale, must be 7 or higher utilizing Microsoft Access and Project
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the deliverables and the documentation requirements
- Create and maintain the document information architecture
Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
5 years+ working in a C4I-SR environment and ability to communicate both written and orally using C4ISR jargon.
5+ years working in a C4ISR, TDL and BMD environment. Experience witrh MD3S and TEDAC systems a plus.
Ability to configure, troubleshoot, and maintain/repair computer monitors down to the sub-component level for monitors that are part of BMD data networks.
Ability to identify and resolve interoperability problems encountered with complex systems, such as BMD video data distribution network system, to include, interface testing, installation of upgrades, keyboard, video, and mouse (KVM)-over-IP switches, the video switching matrix server, and related T&E laboratory infrastructure.
Experience working in a DOD, military or government agency environment
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Required: Bachelor's degree in any discipline (or 5+ years C4ISR experience). Must have or have possessed a DoD Security Clearance at a Secret level or higher within the past 24 months.
Preferred: CompTIA Security+ Certification or IAT Level II (or higher)
Experience in troubleshooting, analyzing and testing waveforms such as IW, SRW, MUOS and EPLRS. Aegis Weapons Systems and SSDS experience also preferred.
At KES, we offer a comprehensive and valuable benefits program to our employees and their families some of these benefits include but are not limited to:
- Customizable Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Prevailing Wage Plan (Retirement Plan)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - (Discretionary Plan)
- Education Assistance
- Paid Time Off
Since 1995, KES continues to foster the entrepreneurial spirit of a growing small business that focuses on the needs of its customers and employees and serves to provide a rewarding and challenging career. KES offers a competitive salary and full range of benefits. KES, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.