Koam Engineering Systems, Inc. (KES Inc.) is an employee owned small business specializing in technology innovation and systems integration by combining innovative products and reliable engineering services. Headquartered in San Diego, California and with offices in Gig Harbor, WA KES provides services globally in systems engineering & technical assistance, requirements analysis, software design & development, systems integration & testing, independent verification & validation, and operational & logistic support.
Develop approaches for procuring and contracting external support from the open marketplace in line with industry standards. Able to gather information via supplier databases and other sources, vetting candidates to make a final selection, negotiating and delivering an award and tracking, as well as assessing performance, throughout the contract term. Be able to master word processing tools, software and information management systems to request, author, approve, store and analyze various contracts and procurement documents.
- Manage various procurement projects of varying degrees of complexity that include the areas of purchasing, contracting, sourcing, and commodity management.
- Document Cost/Price Analysis to formulate negotiations.
- Reviews proposals, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers, analyzes trends, follow up orders placed, verifies deliveries, invoice resolution and maintains compliant (FAR/DFAR/Contract/KES Policies) procurement documentation records.
- Prepare bid packages and ensure compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulation/Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR/DFAR) and Purchasing policies & procedures; validate pricing; and maintain proper Purchase Order (PO) files both manual and digital with correct documentation.
- Confers with suppliers and analyzes supplier operations to determine factors that affect prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules.
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives.
- Provide recommendations on all procurement related issues, plans, reports, training and metrics
- Develop innovative approaches to review procurement process effectiveness and explore solutions for customers and suppliers.
- Actively participate in new business proposal meetings and provide guidance to various team members and executive staff.
- Able to create Statement of Work/BPA agreements
- Adept at competitive and non-competitive sourcing approaches (able to analyze/interpret/rationalize Single/Sole Source Justifications Procurements)
- Prepares solicitation and bid package strategies, targeting optimized pricing through volume
- Evaluate source selections in a competitive environment
- Understand and evaluate multiple supplier proposals to place compliant purchase orders.
- Extract, monitor, analyze and validate data and information from multiple sources
- Develop engaging and collaborative relationships with suppliers and internal partners / customers to drive problem resolution.
- Teach the “Why” of government contracting and translating FAR/DFARS.
- Work with team conductor to help distribute work to suppliers based on bandwidth, core competencies and overall team strategy ensuring team planning meets program planning
- Manage Indirect Purchase Orders
- Work on establishing contractual position for supplier performance. Also manage Supplier queues with tangible metrics and partially responsible for re-vamping/inventing criteria for awarding supplier work.
- Responsible for creating and training suppliers and internal customers on KES Open Commitment Report. Manage the Open Commitment report and metrics to ensure non-supporting POs are made supporting and Supplier POs come in as soon as possible. Coordinate with internal customers at the project manager level to ensure requirements are being met with these suppliers.
Assist Manager in strategic decision making and organizational planning.
6 years of US Government procurement with proposal, pricing and negotiations.
Strong computer skills including advanced MS Word and Excel, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, balance multiple projects with tight schedules to meet deadlines.
Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
Must be detailed oriented, a self-starter, and able to interface with all levels of management, staff, and customers.
Candidate must have a positive attitude and be a team player.
Position must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook (e-mail).
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Required: Bachelor Degree in Business from an accredited University/College
Preferred: Project Management Certification (PMP)
6 years related US Government contract procurement experience with at least 3 years of experience managing the development and interpretation of policies and procedures for the operation of Procurement department's activities and manages cost, schedule, and performance of purchase orders. Provide recommendations to management on related issues to include identifying and advising management regarding procurement and purchasing risks, and assist in coordinating internal and external audits. Working knowledge of GCS Premier/Costpoint. Certifications related to FAR/DFARS, U.S. Government procurement administration and/or regulations training or seminars. Experience in researching and synthesizing information from multiple sources into a cohesive, easy-to-read, and persuasive final product. Experience in drafting and negotiating Non-Disclosure Agreements with a keen eye to recognize and minimize company risks. The ability to analyze and resolve unusually complex procurement problems.
At KES, we offer a comprehensive and valuable benefits program to our employees and their families some of these benefits include but are not limited to:
- Customizable Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Prevailing Wage Plan (Retirement Plan)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - (Discretionary Plan)
- Education Assistance
- Paid Time Off
Since 1995, KES continues to foster the entrepreneurial spirit of a growing small business that focuses on the needs of its customers and employees and serves to provide a rewarding and challenging career. KES offers a competitive salary and full range of benefits. KES, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.