Koam Engineering Systems, Inc. (KES Inc.) is an employee owned small business specializing in technology innovation and systems integration by combining innovative products and reliable engineering services. Headquartered in San Diego, California and with offices in Gig Harbor, WA KES provides services globally in systems engineering & technical assistance, requirements analysis, software design & development, systems integration & testing, independent verification & validation, and operational & logistic support.
The Sr. Network Technician will provide network engineering support for engineering team. Efforts will be focused toward COTS/GOTS integration for military C4ISR network systems. Will work independently or as a team member to implement/test/troubleshoot C4ISR based military networks to ensure customer requirements are satisfied prior to installation. Research, evaluate, test, recommend, communicate and implement new security software or devices. Develop network solutions to support system reliability, management, data integrity and performance. Position will include hands-on network equipment performance testing studies in a lab environment to validate network designs prior to deployment.
- Perform enterprise network configuration and maintenance as it relates to Cisco, Sun, etc network components, network encryption devices, and computer workstations.
- Configure, troubleshoot, and design routers and multi-layer switches.
- Perform integration of new technologies into local and wide area networks (LAN/WAN).
- Provide advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution of complex network problems.
- Provide diagnostic support using network analysis tools.
- Provide fault isolation and incident resolution support for networks.
- Design, document, and provide technical solutions to customers for classified and unclassified networks.
- Ten (10) years of hands-on experience with Naval electronics and communications equipment and systems to include three (3) of the following four (4) areas: Systems Requirements, Operational Requirements, Test & Evaluation, and Training.
- Experience with limited production, verification, installation, and customer acceptance of US Navy systems is highly desired.
- Experience with the following systems is highly desired: CANES, ISNS, ADNS, CENTRIXS, SCI LAN, SubLAN.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Blade Center Server technology including IBM and Oracle devices.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco Routers, Switches, Identity Services Engines, Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) and Wireless Controls and Access Points. This experience shall include knowledge of OSPF, BGP, ACLs, Firewalls and VLANs on shipboard NIPR, SIPR, SR and SCI Networks.
- Knowledge of CAT5 cabling and use of Fiber optic medium and devices.
- Experience and/or knowledge configuring and troubleshooting FAS and SAN Storage devices included IBM and EMC2, Fiber Channel and iSCSI
- Experience loading and configuring SW including WSUS Server, Windows 2003 Server OS, Windows Server 2008 OS, Windows Server 2012 OS, Windows XP OS, Windows 7 Professional OS, Windows 8 OS, Exchange Server 2003, Exchange Server 2010, SQL Server 2012, Windows Server 2013, Windows 10 OS, and Microsoft Hyper-V, to include knowledge of DNS, WINS and Active Directory.
- Experience loading and configuring SW including Linux, Sun OS, VMWare, Lotus sametime chat, EMC IT Intelligence Operations (ITOI) and related EMC component SW (i.e., Networker).
- Experience loading and configuring Host Based Security System (HBSS).
- Experience loading and configuring IAVA security scanning tools including Retina Network Security Scanner or Assured Compliance Assessment Solutions ACAS.
- Experience loading, configuring, troubleshooting, repairing and resolving issues of shipboard current and legacy SW is required to the extent necessary for a successful load and integration. Documentation validating that SW SMEs have accomplished this on an afloat unit must be submitted with the offeror's proposal.
- Knowledge in the configuration and use of other hardware and SW including Avocent and Black Box KVM's, ServSwitch KVM's, Alcatel Switches and CISCO Switches.
- Experience integrating and configuring hosted and connected systems into existing loaded SW and hardware environments.
- Meet DoD 8570 requirements for IAT Level 2 including Security+ CE certification and Operating Environment certification (CCNA, RHCSA, MCSA, VMWare VCA, etc.)
US Citizenship and a current DoD SECRET security clearance is required.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Technical Training in Naval electronics and communications equipment and systems.
At KES, we offer a comprehensive and valuable benefits program to our employees and their families some of these benefits include but are not limited to:
- Customizable Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Prevailing Wage Plan (Retirement Plan)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - (Discretionary Plan)
- Education Assistance
- Paid Time Off
Since 1995, KES continues to foster the entrepreneurial spirit of a growing small business that focuses on the needs of its customers and employees and serves to provide a rewarding and challenging career. KES offers a competitive salary and full range of benefits. KES, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.