Koam Engineering Systems, Inc. (KES Inc.) is an employee owned small business specializing in technology innovation and systems integration by combining innovative products and reliable engineering services. Headquartered in San Diego, California and with offices in Gig Harbor, WA KES provides services globally in systems engineering & technical assistance, requirements analysis, software design & development, systems integration & testing, independent verification & validation, and operational & logistic support.
2017-106 Electrical Power Circuits Manager (Norfolk, Va)
The Electrical Power Circuits Manager will ensure that all external and internal requirements for electrical power circuit drawings are met before our products reach our customers. The Electrical Power Circuits Manager performs all functions needed to organize, train, task, monitor, and lead the Electrical Power Circuits team. The Electrical Power Circuits Manager coordinates management and assignment of electrical power circuits and to coordinate circuits use with Newport News Shipbuilding.
- Provide technical and administrative coordination of assets to complete projects in accordance with mandatory requirements.
- Provide engineering, technical, logistics, maintenance, installation/alterations and program support services to Naval Shipboard HM&E ship systems maintenance and performance, including engineering support for land base and test facilities.
- Design drawing development, material/parts specifications, engineering calculations, engineering reports and feasibility studies.
- Perform shipboard surveys.
- Interface with customers and vendors.
- Assists with project planning activities associated with engineering projects.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned. Participates in special projects as required.
- Prepares technical and status reports for on-time delivery to Government customers.
- Oversees monthly Subcontractor reporting. Reviews subcontractor purchase orders and invoices for accuracy.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Ten (10) years of experience with Ship Systems in the areas of design and modifications of electrical power generation systems and equipment and/or shipboard IT systems is preferred.
- Five (5) years working experience as a Senior Electrical Engineer providing Direct Fleet Support for U.S. Navy electrical generation and distribution systems (including assessments/grooms, testing, and support for equipment upgrades) is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of shipboard electrical systems, to include propulsion, power, and IT systems.
- Demonstrated experience in providing engineering, design, and technical support to shipboard environments.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Electrical or Electronics Engineering is required.
- U.S. citizenship required.
- Must meet and maintain eligibility for U.S. DoD Secret Security Clearance and have the ability to access military facilities, naval shipyards, and private shipyards.
At KES, we offer a comprehensive and valuable benefits program to our employees and their families some of these benefits include but are not limited to:
Customizable Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
Life and AD&D Insurance
Prevailing Wage Plan (Retirement Plan)
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - (Discretionary Plan)
Paid Time Off
Since 1995, KES continues to foster the entrepreneurial spirit of a growing small business that focuses on the needs of its customers and employees and serves to provide a rewarding and challenging career. KES offers a competitive salary and full range of benefits. KES, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.