Koam Engineering Systems, Inc. (KES Inc.) is an employee owned small business specializing in technology innovation and systems integration by combining innovative products and reliable engineering services. Headquartered in San Diego, California and with offices in Gig Harbor, WA KES provides services globally in systems engineering & technical assistance, requirements analysis, software design & development, systems integration & testing, independent verification & validation, and operational & logistic support.
The Project Manager will provide managerial oversight in accomplishing all strategic contractual objectives as it pertains to all assigned Task Orders. Plan, budget, oversee and document all aspects of assigned projects and Task Orders. Work closely with upper management to make sure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule. Supervise project/Task Order activities, facilitate meetings and maintain communication with stakeholders to provide status of project/Task Order deliverables.
- Overall responsibility for cost, schedule, and technical performance for all assigned project activities and task orders.
- Lead the planning and implementation of Task Order(s)
- Facilitate the definition of Task Order scope, goals and deliverables
- Define Task Order activities and resource requirements
- Plan and schedule timelines
- Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing budgets; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; and initiating corrective actions.
- Track Task Order deliverables using appropriate tools
- Provide direction and support to project team
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the Task Order to all stakeholders
- Present reports defining Task Order progress, problems and solutions
- Implement and manage Task Order changes and interventions to achieve Task Order deliverables
- Perform Task Order evaluations and assessment of results
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
- Ten (10) years of direct work experience in support of Engineering to include: Equipment Support, System Support, and Programmatic Support.
- Eight (8) years of direct work experience, to include: Design, Development, Production, Installation and Test & Evaluation of Naval electronics and communications equipment and systems. Four (4) years as manager of Naval electronics and communications equipment and systems to include supervision project personnel, scheduling work, writing proposals and preparing bids, and equipment and material logistics control.
- Experience with limited production, verification, installation, and customer acceptance of US Navy systems is highly desired.
- Experience with the following systems is highly desired: CANES, ISNS, ADNS, CENTRIXS, SCI LAN, SubLAN.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and DoD procurement policies and procedures.
- US Citizenship and a current DoD SECRET security clearance is required.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Physical Sciences, Mathematics, Management Information Systems, or Business.
At KES, we offer a comprehensive and valuable benefits program to our employees and their families some of these benefits include but are not limited to:
- Customizable Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Prevailing Wage Plan (Retirement Plan)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - (Discretionary Plan)
- Education Assistance
- Paid Time Off
Since 1995, KES continues to foster the entrepreneurial spirit of a growing small business that focuses on the needs of its customers and employees and serves to provide a rewarding and challenging career. KES offers a competitive salary and full range of benefits. KES, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.