Koam Engineering Systems, Inc. (KES Inc.) is an employee owned small business specializing in technology innovation and systems integration by combining innovative products and reliable engineering services. Headquartered in San Diego, California and with offices in Gig Harbor, WA KES provides services globally in systems engineering & technical assistance, requirements analysis, software design & development, systems integration & testing, independent verification & validation, and operational & logistic support.
The Security Specialist 1 performs and reviews technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations, and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Validates and verifies system security requirements definitions and analysis and establishes system security designs.
- Implements and/or integrates IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing, and enclave environments to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements.
- Builds IA into systems deployed to operational environments. Assists architects and systems developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application of Agency security policy and enterprise solutions.
- Supports the building of security architectures. Enforce the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architectures. Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle.
Support security authorization activities in compliance with NSA/CSS Information System Certification and Accreditation Process (NISCAP) and DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) process, the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) process, and prescribed NSA/CSS business processes for security engineering.
- Three-five (3-5) years’ experience in programs and contracts within the DoD or Federal Government is required.
- Experience with the following systems is highly desired: CANES, ISNS, ADNS, CENTRIXS, SCI LAN, SubLAN.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Blade Center Server technology including IBM and Oracle devices.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco Routers, Switches, Identity Services Engines, Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) and Wireless Controls and Access Points. This experience shall include knowledge of OSPF, BGP, ACLs, Firewalls and VLANs on shipboard NIPR, SIPR, SR and SCI Networks.
- Knowledge of CAT5 cabling and use of Fiber optic medium and devices.
- Experience and/or knowledge configuring and troubleshooting FAS and SAN Storage devices included IBM and EMC2, Fiber Channel and iSCSI
- Experience loading and configuring SW including WSUS Server, Windows 2003 Server OS, Windows Server 2008 OS, Windows Server 2012 OS, Windows XP OS, Windows 7 Professional OS, Windows 8 OS, Exchange Server 2003, Exchange Server 2010, SQL Server 2012, Windows Server 2013, Windows 10 OS, and Microsoft Hyper-V, to include knowledge of DNS, WINS and Active Directory.
- Experience loading and configuring SW including Linux, Sun OS, VMWare, Lotus sametime chat, EMC IT Intelligence Operations (ITOI) and related EMC component SW (i.e., Networker).
- Experience loading and configuring Host Based Security System (HBSS).
- Experience loading and configuring IAVA security scanning tools including Retina Network Security Scanner or Assured Compliance Assessment Solutions ACAS.
- Experience loading, configuring, troubleshooting, repairing and resolving issues of shipboard current and legacy SW is required to the extent necessary for a successful load and integration. Documentation validating that SW SMEs have accomplished this on an afloat unit must be submitted with the offeror's proposal.
- Knowledge in the configuration and use of other hardware and SW including Avocent and Black Box KVM's, ServSwitch KVM's, Alcatel Switches and CISCO Switches.
- Experience integrating and configuring hosted and connected systems into existing loaded SW and hardware environments.
- Meet DoD 8570 requirements for IAT Level 2 including Security+ CE certification and Operating Environment certification (CCNA, RHCSA, MCSA, VMWare VCA, etc.)
- US Citizenship and a current DoD SECRET security clearance is required.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
At KES, we offer a comprehensive and valuable benefits program to our employees and their families some of these benefits include but are not limited to:
- Customizable Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Prevailing Wage Plan (Retirement Plan)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - (Discretionary Plan)
- Education Assistance
- Paid Time Off
Since 1995, KES continues to foster the entrepreneurial spirit of a growing small business that focuses on the needs of its customers and employees and serves to provide a rewarding and challenging career. KES offers a competitive salary and full range of benefits. KES, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.