Koam Engineering Systems, Inc. (KES Inc.) is an employee owned small business specializing in technology innovation and systems integration by combining innovative products and reliable engineering services. Headquartered in San Diego, California and with offices in Gig Harbor, WA KES provides services globally in systems engineering & technical assistance, requirements analysis, software design & development, systems integration & testing, independent verification & validation, and operational & logistic support.
Under the supervision of the Engineering Functional Area Manager(FAM), provide managerial, technical and administrative oversight of the entire Engineering Staff. Responsible for facilitating the integration of multi-program/project requirements without compromising the integrity of the deliverable(s) and ideally optimizing both the design/manufacturing configuration. Will be assigned to manage complex, multi-system, multi-discipline engineering projects.
· Directs and works with engineering team to develop solutions to customer requirements
· Monitors the performance of task execution and deliverable schedule
· Demonstrates reliable experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
· 10+ years engineering experience working for a DoD organization preferred.
· Proficiency utilizing AutoCAD, SolidWorks and Visio preferred or demonstrated working knowledge of these tools acceptable.
· Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings from AutoCAD, SolidWorks and Visio.
· Ability to generate and facilitate changes and modifications to engineering drawings and Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs).
· Experience in engineering manufacturing processes; must have the ability to work closely with machine shops, CCA and cable manufacturers, in order to resolve issues between drawings and manufacturing facilities.
· Ability to navigate and query web-based repositories such as CMPro or SPIDER.
· Working knowledge of CANES, CANES Subs, ADNS, UCLASS or similar C4ISR technologies considered a plus.
· Familiarity with ISO 9001:2015 and CMMI Maturity Level 5 processes.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher in mechanical, electrical, structural or naval engineering
· 8+ years working as a project or Chief Engineer
· Must have a DoD Secret Clearance or the ability to quickly obtain one
· Experience working in a DoD, military or government agency environment
At KES, we offer a comprehensive and valuable benefits program to our employees and their families some of these benefits include but are not limited to:
· Customizable Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
· Life and AD&D Insurance
· 401(k) Plan
· Prevailing Wage Plan (Retirement Plan)
· Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - (Discretionary Plan)
· Education Assistance
· Paid Time Off
Since 1995, KES continues to foster the entrepreneurial spirit of a growing small business that focuses on the needs of its customers and employees and serves to provide a rewarding and challenging career. KES offers a competitive salary and full range of benefits. KES, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.