Koam Engineering Systems, Inc. (KES Inc.) is an employee owned small business specializing in technology innovation and systems integration by combining innovative products and reliable engineering services. Headquartered in San Diego, California and with offices in Gig Harbor, WA KES provides services globally in systems engineering & technical assistance, requirements analysis, software design & development, systems integration & testing, independent verification & validation, and operational & logistic support.
Under the direction of the Program Manager, provide managerial oversight in accomplishing all strategic contractual objectives as it pertains to Task Order deliverables, budgeting and schedule. Research, plan, pilot, document, communicate, implement and coordinate task order and customer goals.
· Manage and supervise the PM Functional Area
· Coordinate with other FAMs to achieve task order deliverables on time, within scope and within budget
· Manage expectations of government customers and government Project Leads
· Provide leadership and professional growth guidance
· Assist the Program Manager in recruiting staff for surges, backfills and promotional opportunities.
· Coordinating and monitoring the scheduling, pricing, and technical performance of task orders and projects.
· Aiding the Program manager in the negotiating of task order changes and coordinating preparations of proposals, plans, specifications, and financial conditions of awarded task orders.
· Ensuring adherence to master plans and schedules, develops solutions to program problems, and directs work of incumbents and subcontractors assigned to program from various departments.
· Ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget.
· Acting as advisor to program team regarding projects, tasks, and operations.
· Familiar with IT, engineering, combat systems and military communication/network standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the DoD C4l/C5l-SR arena.
· Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
· Provide the requisite management and support services that ensure the timely and successful fulfillment of task order requirements, including deliverables, performance metrics, and other metrics as determined by the Government, and required technical analysis level of effort.
· Attend meetings and brief stakeholders on the status of task order status and risks
· Provide support to the corporate Business Development Team in pursuing new business opportunities
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Science, Math, Engineering, Business, Management or related field.
· 5+ years working as a project or program manager
· Must have a DoD Secret Clearance or the ability to quickly obtain one
Experience working in a DoD, military or government agency environment, 5+ years familiarity with a myriad of military and Navy technology/programs including (but not limited to):
Aegis Weapon Systems
Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD)
At KES, we offer a comprehensive and valuable benefits program to our employees and their families some of these benefits include but are not limited to:
· Customizable Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
· Life and AD&D Insurance
· 401(k) Plan
· Prevailing Wage Plan (Retirement Plan)
· Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - (Discretionary Plan)
· Education Assistance
· Paid Time Off
Since 1995, KES continues to foster the entrepreneurial spirit of a growing small business that focuses on the needs of its customers and employees and serves to provide a rewarding and challenging career. KES offers a competitive salary and full range of benefits. KES, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.