Koam Engineering Systems, Inc. (KES Inc.) is an employee owned small business specializing in technology innovation and systems integration by combining innovative products and reliable engineering services. Headquartered in San Diego, California and with offices in Gig Harbor, WA KES provides services globally in systems engineering & technical assistance, requirements analysis, software design & development, systems integration & testing, independent verification & validation, and operational & logistic support.
The Material Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and expediting flow of material, parts, and assemblies within or between departments in accordance with production and shipping schedule or supervisors’ direction.
· Reviews production schedules and confers with department supervisors to determine material required.
· Locates material, requisitions material and establishes delivery sequences to departments according to job order priorities and anticipated availability of material.
· Examines material delivered to production to verify specific type.
· Monitors and controls movement of material and parts along conveyor system, using remote control panel board, compute amount of material needed for specific job orders.
· Compiles reports on quantity and type of material on hand,
· Transfers material from one department to another.
· Collects perpetual production records in order to locate material in process of production.
· Inputs essential data on all materials handled; adheres to strict accounting procedures in this regard.
· Maintains labeling system on each stock item; manually stocks inventory shelving with stock items received or returned.
· Organize and maintain warehouse inventory areas for efficient material storage and handling.
· Organize items by broad and specific classifications.
· Maintain employee records.
· Must have rigging experience and/or have been through a rigger certification course.
· Familiar with inventory control practices with knowledge of tools, supply equipment in association with warehouse operations.
· Working knowledge of computer terminal operations to properly account for issues, returns, receipts of new materials and associated back orders.
· Experience in operating indoor and outdoor heavy-duty equipment and vehicles to properly handle materials being received, issued, and stocked as needed.
· Knowledge of hazard and safety precautions related to equipment operation procedures for loading, unloading materials and performing minor equipment maintenance and repairs.
· Able to follow written and verbal instructions to maintain accurate records with some knowledge of mathematical conversions.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
· High school diploma and two (2) years’ experience in a computer-aided warehousing operation and parts tracking, or any equivalent combination of education and experience to include one (1) year experience in forklift operation
· Must have or be able to obtain OSHA required Forklift Certification within three months after date of hire.
· Must have a DoD SECRET Clearance or the ability to quickly obtain one.
· Knowledge of documenting and tracking of material in Navy ERP database or equivalent database
At KES, we offer a comprehensive and valuable benefits program to our employees and their families some of these benefits include but are not limited to:
· Customizable Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
· Life and AD&D Insurance
· 401(k) Plan
· Prevailing Wage Plan (Retirement Plan)
· Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - (Discretionary Plan)
· Education Assistance
· Paid Time Off
Since 1995, KES continues to foster the entrepreneurial spirit of a growing small business that focuses on the needs of its customers and employees and serves to provide a rewarding and challenging career. KES offers a competitive salary and full range of benefits. KES, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.