Koam Engineering Systems, Inc. (KES Inc.) is an employee owned small business specializing in technology innovation and systems integration by combining innovative products and reliable engineering services. Headquartered in San Diego, California and with offices in Gig Harbor, WA KES provides services globally in systems engineering & technical assistance, requirements analysis, software design & development, systems integration & testing, independent verification & validation, and operational & logistic support.
KES, Inc currently has a need to hire a QA Specialist and MRB/NC Coordinator for C4ISR work at SPAWAR Systems Center Pacific (SSC PAC).
Perform QA Inspections for Network Integration Engineering Facility(NIEF) incoming, in-process, and final delivery product, and report on all quality issues encountered. Responsible for the coordination and completion of tasks assigned, and will be assigned duties specific to the NIEF Non-Conformance Process.
· Assists in the initiation and resolution of Quality Events (Deviations, Out of Specifications, Out of Tolerances, Facility Incident Notifications, Corrective/Preventive Actions and/or NCs).
· Support and train team members with guidance on quality event/deviation management to ensure accurate reporting, investigation, root cause analysis and corrective actions.
· Ensure compliance with training and auditing system to maintain a high-level awareness throughout the organization.
· Follow applicable regulations including ISO standards and company policies/ procedures.
· Use CM tool CMPro to generate track, and close work orders and deviations.
· Will process non-conforming material according to the NIEF Non-Conformance Process, including transfer of material into Material Review Board (MRB) location, coordination and follow-up on failure analysis. Uses statistical methods for tracking, trending, and analysis of quality data from failures and non-conformances.
· Assists management by providing timely and accurate metrics, providing inputs to process improvements, and Processing Non-Conformances. Responsible for the coordination and completion of all tasks assigned.
· Works with project planners and project management to resolve common production issues. Understands and ensures compliance to IUID requirements. Understands and uses Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing for communicating engineering tolerances.
· Provide Quality Assurance input and guidance during production of commercial product related to quality events and issues resolution.
· Support other QA department needs as identified by management ensuring the implementation of performance targets set for the department.
· Travel may be required up to 10-15%.
· Prefer a bachelor's degree and 5 or more years of C4I experience, and at least 5 years in a Quality role.
· Experience with established Non-Conformance Processes and/or Material Review Board is preferred.
· The desired candidate should be familiar with all aspects of a military C4I project to include scheduling, costs, quality assurance and control, risk management.
· Familiar with a variety of the C4I installation field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
· Familiar with IUID requirements.
· Reads and Understands Engineering Drawings.
· Flexibility of schedule, and the ability to work overtime when needed is desired.
· Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
· Strong technical, interpersonal, written and verbal skills are a must.
· Candidate must have the ability to operate effectively in a team environment as well as independently and on occasion provide direct interface with customers.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
1) 5 or more years in a C5I or C4I-SR military or DoD environment. Military systems installation experience preferred. Prefer at least 5 years of QA experience.
2) Must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
3) Must have demonstrated experience with Quality Systems, including Corrective/Preventive Action, Non-Conformance, Material Review Board and Document/Change Control.
4) Must have the ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance at a Secret level or higher.
5) Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Prefer a bachelor's degree.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Ability to operate effectively in a team environment.
Ability to work within established Quality Systems, including Corrective/Preventive Action, Non-Conformance, Material Review Board and Document/Change Control.
At KES, we offer a comprehensive and valuable benefits program to our employees and their families some of these benefits include but are not limited to:
· Customizable Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
· Life and AD&D Insurance
· 401(k) Plan
· Prevailing Wage Plan (Retirement Plan)
· Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - (Discretionary Plan)
· Education Assistance
· Paid Time Off
Since 1995, KES continues to foster the entrepreneurial spirit of a growing small business that focuses on the needs of its customers and employees and serves to provide a rewarding and challenging career. KES offers a competitive salary and full range of benefits. KES, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.