Koam Engineering Systems, Inc. (KES Inc.) is an employee owned small business specializing in technology innovation and systems integration by combining innovative products and reliable engineering services. Headquartered in San Diego, California and with offices in Gig Harbor, WA KES provides services globally in systems engineering & technical assistance, requirements analysis, software design & development, systems integration & testing, independent verification & validation, and operational & logistic support.
Engineer Design Checker will be supporting the SSC-PAC Network Integration and Engineering Facility (NIEF) as part of KES’s engineering services contract. Will be required to manage multiple active tasks simultaneously with primary focus on direct support to the NIEF’s program task leads. The ability to establish a credible relationship with customers and sponsors is essential as this position requires daily customer interaction.
· Review Installation Requirements Drawings (IRD) per a checklist to insure drawing completeness.
· Review of assembly, fabrication, parts lists and other engineering documentation required to support assembly and integration of shipboard equipment cabinets, equipment mounting kits, and equipment subassemblies
· Assess drawings for completeness and accuracy in accordance with MIL-DTL-31000
- Demonstrate knowledge of technical drawing creation, review, and change control
- Strong technical, interpersonal, written and verbal skills are a must
- Required to fulfill the roles and responsibilities in that of a SolidWorks/AutoCAD designer/drafter when project scopes require additional staffing resources.
- Working knowledge of interference checks using SolidWorks to properly identify the accuracy and integrity of 3D parametric models.
- Ability to operate effectively in a team environment with minimal direction and supervision.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
· Associates or Certification Program in Computer Aided Drafting preferred.
· Minimum of three years using AutoCAD 2-D and Solidworks 3-D software.
· Must have demonstrated experience involving completing tasks on fixed schedules.
· Ability to operate effectively in a team environment as well as independently and provide direct interface with customers.
· Must have strong multitasking skills.
· Familiarity with Document Release and ISO-9001 Processes.
· Knowledge of sheet metal fabrication, welding and machining process required.
· Exceptional presentation, oral and written communications skills required.
· Excellent eye for detail to review and produce Technical Data Packages.
· Experience with ASME Y14.1 Drawing Practices is highly desired.
· Operate effectively in a team environment. Also, able to take direction and constructive criticism.
· This position requires a completed and favorably adjudicated background investigation conducted by the U.S. Government to be considered for this position.
· Must be able to travel 30% or as required
· 3 + years’ experience in the development of production documentation and/or installation of shipboard/shore military systems preferred.
· Desire experience with IRDs, approval process and Rugged EIA Standard Cabinet/Racks.
· Familiarity equipment installation on a shipboard environment and with MIL-STD Environmental testing (901, 167, 810…) a plus.
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
· Working experience preferred in DOD environment.
· Familiarity with military environmental test standards desired
At KES, we offer a comprehensive and valuable benefits program to our employees and their families some of these benefits include but are not limited to:
· Customizable Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
· Life and AD&D Insurance
· 401(k) Plan
· Prevailing Wage Plan (Retirement Plan)
· Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - (Discretionary Plan)
· Education Assistance
· Paid Time Off
Since 1995, KES continues to foster the entrepreneurial spirit of a growing small business that focuses on the needs of its customers and employees and serves to provide a rewarding and challenging career. KES offers a competitive salary and full range of benefits. KES, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.